Numerous local sales and use tax rate changes are scheduled to take effect in Kansas Oct. 1, 2017.
Cities (listed with new combined rates)
- Lansing, 8.95%
- Oswego, 9.5%
- Pittsburg, 9%
- Pittsburg TDD, 9.3%
Special districts (listed with new combined rates)
Special tax districts in Kansas raise revenue for community improvement (CID), transportation development (TDD), and major development projects (STAR bond and/or Intermodal). Address ranges for each special district are precise and listed, along with jurisdiction codes, on the Kansas Department of Revenue website.
New special districts:
- Dodge City McDonalds, 9.15%
- Edgerton – Kansas City Intermodal Facility, 8.975%
- El Dorado Holiday Inn Express CID, 9.75%
- Leavenworth Downtown Hotel CID, 11.5%
- Leavenworth First City Hotel CID, 11.5%
- Lenexa Candlewood Suites CID, 10.35%
- Lenexa Holiday Inn CID, 10.35%
- Liberal IHOP CID, 11.25%
- Kansas City Northwest Speedway (American Royal) STAR Bond 1, 9.125%
- Kansas City Northwest Speedway (American Royal) STAR Bond 2, 9.125%
Special districts with address changes:
- Harper County CID, 8.5%
- Harper County Downtown Anthony CID, 9%
Additional information about Kansas sales and use tax is available at Kansas Sales Tax Rates.